What? HR Business Partner
After a hugely successful 2016 and with exciting plans for the future we are seeking to grow our People Ops team with the addition of an HRBP.
You’d be joining at a busy time, in a company that is experiencing very high growth. This is not your typical HR role. We are a talent development company and the professionals on our accelerators get awesome support, guidance & development opportunities – you will make sure we do the same internally.
If you are a interested in personal development, employee engagement & building a high performance culture then this is an opportunity not to be missed.
What we’ll need from you:
You’ll take the lead on HR processes, supporting the leadership team on everything from performance management to employee relations. You will be tasked with driving employee engagement through the business. The role will be split between core responsibilities as listed below and project work across all areas of people ops – anything we can improve, we will.
- You’ll offer HR support & guidance to the leadership team
- You’ll ensure all data is accurate and up to date in our HRIS system
- You’ll work to drive high levels of employee engagement throughout the business – and you’ll come up with initiatives and intervention to ensure we keep improving – while also putting in place ways to track insightful data
- You’ll onboard new employees and make sure they have a great experience from the point they accept their offer to their first day (and everyday after that!)
- You’ll support managers with our performance management process and work closely with the Head of People to use this data to inform training plans
- You’ll set up monthly reports and update the leadership team on all relevant data (i.e. sickness, holidays, budgeting, forecasting)
- You’ll own all general HR policies & ensure managers follow the right process at all times
- You’ll support the leadership team with pay related issues (for new hires, pay reviews etc.)
- You’ll run training sessions and assist with creating training content
You will need to be adaptable, proactive, and above all extremely self-motivated, along with good organisational and communications skills. You have an interest in personal development – both for yourself and for the wider company. You’ll bring fresh ideas and challenge the norms. Ideally you will have an outside interest/hobby/passion that involves a high level of performance, be that a sportsperson, athlete, artist, performer or anything along those lines. If you can bring that high performance approach here – we know you’ll make a big impact.
- General HR experience – probably as a HRBP, senior advisor or talent manager
- Experienced advising line managers on HR processes & policies and supporting on ER issues
- A proven track record devising and delivering employee engagement initiatives & driving a high performance culture
- Adaptable, proactive and relentless in pursuing your objectives
- Strong organisational skills
- Thrive under pressure and tight deadlines
- Experience working with an HRIS (we use Bamboo), keeping data up to date and accurate and designing reports
- Experience working with excel (or google sheets)
- Experience working with creative professionals would be advantageous
- To have the character required to do well in this role – energy, resilience, resourcefulness, creativity, empathy and a massive desire to help people succeed
- 20 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays + your birthday off
- £500 training budget – as a talent development company we are committed to ensuring our own teams are continually able to learn & progress
- Apple laptop – everyone get’s an apple laptop if they want one
- The studio – our converted warehouse studio is based in Shoreditch right in the heart of London’s creative and digital industries
- Yoga! Weekly lessons from our awesome yoga teacher
Mastered is a global talent development company. We help the new breed of creative professionals get the skills, attitude, network and exposure they need to succeed in the fashion industry.
We do this by developing and delivering world-class 10-month career accelerator programs, in partnership with the fashion industry’s most-respected experts. In the last two years we have worked with industry leaders such as Nick Knight, Guido, Sam McKnight, Inez and Vinoodh, and Val Garland, as well as many of the new generation, such as Gareth Pugh, Virgil Abloh and Isamaya Ffrench. Along the way, we’ve partnered with some of the world’s most exciting brands and publications, including i-D, Dazed, Topshop, NARS, Louboutin and VFiles.
These partnerships have helped us nurture 2500 emerging creative professionals from over 80 different countries. Many have gone on to do exceptional things with our expert network. Assisting Nick Knight. Being part of Val Garland, Sam McKnight and Marian Newman show teams. Shooting stories and covers for everyone from Vogue China to 10 magazine to The Impression.
If you like the sound of the job & company and think you have the right attitude and skills to contribute then we’d love to hear from you! APPLY HERE